Why Use DC Generators?
Utilising a DC generator at its core, the HYbrid Energy Station (HES) provides a highly efficient means of charging a battery and storing energy eliminating the need to oversize the generator for battery charging applications.
- Most BTS operate at 48 volts DC.
- By powering the BTS at 48 volts DC you can remove the site rectifiers.
- This eliminates a large source of heat within the site cabin.
- Thus reducing cooling demand and energy usage.
- Generator will not overload when charging batteries.
- Therefore the engine size can be matched to load size.
- Improves efficiency by 40%.
- Electric radiator offers even higher efficiency.
8000 SERIES DC ALTERNATOR
The core element within a fuel efficient hybrid system is a 32 pole permanent magnet generator.
The unique design offers:
- Extremely high reliability (MTBF at 100,000 hours).
- High efficiency (85% to 94%).
- Extremely low DC voltage ripple (<5mV).
- Lightweight and compact design.